All sellers want top dollar for their home — that’s obvious. But pricing the home is serious business, part art and part science. It involves comparing similar properties, making adjustments for the differences among them, tracking market movements and taking stock of present inventory, all in an attempt to come up with a range of value.
Sterling Real Estate will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis to help you understand the dynamics that may impact the marketability of your home. A market analysis takes into consideration recently sold comparable homes in the neighborhood, similar homes that are currently for sale and homes that did not sell and were withdrawn from the market. That way you can compare your home to others, contrasting such features as location, architectural style, square footage, condition of the home, etc.
We'll do a walkthrough of your house, taking measurements, discussing the improvements you've made, and have it professionally photographed by Jane Daniels Photography.
Once we’ve reviewed all this information, we’ll be prepared to suggest a price range to market your home, as well as the cost associated with selling your home.
- Set the right asking price
- Understand the various possible costs of selling, such as title insurance, surveys, repairs, closing fees, possible financial cost of a buyer's mortgage, home warranties, payoff of your mortgage, and property taxes
- Understand and provide prospective buyers with the proper disclosures that must accompany the sale of your property
- By making suggestions about incentives, financial help or home warranties that may entice buyers to YOUR home
- Market your home to other realtors who have buyers in your price range
- Give your home the maximum amount of exposure to the buying public in the shortest amount of time
- Obtain honest feedback from other Realtors and buyers about condition and price
- Monitor recent sales and competition in your market
- Show your home to qualified buyers (not just lookers) — and give them ideas about how your home may fit their needs
- Work through offers, counter offers, inspections, possession dates, contingencies, negotiable items and the closing process
- By keeping you informed and serving as a trusted resource throughout the process
- By maintaining documentation of your transaction after the sale should a question arise
- Save time and aggravation!
Is now a good time to sell my house?
Sterling Real Estate will help you evaluate the state of the market in Monroe County to decide if now is the best time for you. Many factors will be considered—what is owed on your property, what price homes near you are selling for, current interest rates, and your motivation, among others.
Why should I list my home with a real estate agent instead of selling it myself?
Sterling Real Estate will provide expertise to ensure that you list and are willing to sell your home at the right price. We can give you more exposure through a variety of marketing tactics tailored to the Monroe County market. We will also point out differences between multiple offers and help you choose the best one, negotiate offers, and finalize the agreement.
What are common costs associated with selling a house?
Prorated taxes, title insurance, payoff of mortgages, commission.
How much should I fix up the house before selling it?
Sterling Real Estate will help you show your property at its best by prioritizing what must be done, what should be done, and what could be done.
What do you do when you list my home?
Sterling Real Estate will take photographs of your home to showcase its best features; list it on MLS, Zillow, Trulia and over 40 other websites; put a secure lockbox on the front door so other Realtors can show it easily; put a sign and listing information box in your yard; advertise it in local print magazines and newspapers; host open houses; and showcase it to other local Realtors through brokers’ open houses, and the Network of Independent Brokers’ Tour (over 30 Realtors included).